Basic Pistol Course (8 hours)
To reserve your seat click on the Register button.
Call me at 309-536-0128 if you have more questions.
You will learn in this course:
• Types of handguns.
• Functions and parts of the handgun.
• Ammunition types, components & storage.
• Sight alignment & shooting techniques.
• Cleaning and storage of firearms.
• NRA qualification shooting session.
The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. This course is at least 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from two handed standing position; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and a course completion certificate.
What is required:
• 50 rounds of ammunition.
• Eye (glasses) and ear protection. (Can be obtained on site at no extra cost)